Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance engineer with experience within a manufacturing environment; ideally consumer goods or food or beverages. In this role you will focus on maintenance, electrical and mechanical fault finding, PLC’s, Installations and Commissioning. PPM’S, Breakdowns, continuous improvement projects, setting up and delivering PPM Plans etc will also form key elements of your role.
The role is full-time and involves working shifts over a mornings, afternoons and nights rotation, 5 days out of 7 per week, with regular weekend working as part of this pattern. Flexibility to work additional hours is required and a competitive rate of pay is offered.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ability to diagnose and rectify downtime to deliver preventative maintenance activities on packaging & process machinery
- Periodic servicing and pre-planned maintenance.
- Respond to breakdowns quickly and efficiently, systematic fault finding, and identify root cause and then implement solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Working to strict health and safety guidelines.
- Reporting issues to the Head of Engineering.
- Undertaking continuous improvement projects.
- Support with risk assessments and the implementation of control measures.
- Assisting with upgrades and installations were needed.
- Repairing and maintaining site equipment and machinery
- Taking personal accountability for providing a responsive and effective service
- Organising and maintaining spares levels for your given area of responsibility, ensuring spares required for regular maintenance activities are available.
- Work with production, support groups and suppliers to implement improvement opportunities to increase equipment efficiency and safety as well as reducing engineering downtime
- Co-ordinate engineering activities with Production and/or any other affected department
- Ensure all relevant documentation is up to date and implemented where required
- Ensure mechanical and electrical projects and improvements are implemented
- Undertake other tasks or duties considered appropriate to your abilities.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Time served Electrical Engineer with Mechanical experience 70/30
- Minimum level 3 electrical qualifications
- 17th / 18th edition
- Experience within a Food / Packaging/ FMCG environment.
- Diagnostic skills covering electrical fault finding using electrical drawings and on the job experience.
- PLC literate and able to read LADDER diagrams – Siemens S7, Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, HMI and SCADA systems. For fault finding, modification and upgrades
- Experience in process control, to include instrumentation control loops (including PID control).
- Experience using a computer and MS office (Word, Outlook, etc.) proficiently
- Good knowledge of health and safety standards
- Ability to work at height
- Ability to work alone or part of a team
Register Your Details
"*" indicates required fields